I am sure that by now we all have our goals in place. I also expect that by now we are all geared up to hit the gyms and engaging in physical activities that count towards our health and wellbeing goals for the new year.
Did you also know that there is a downside to using the gym such as upfront joining fees, location or most of these gyms busy at peak periods?
The following are tips that could help you overcome the barriers and limitations of joining a gym if you do not have enough money to join and do not intend to be tied down on a contract.
1. Joining a local walking or running group within your community.
2. Download free fitness apps on your phones and engaging in the fitness program.
3. Adjust your lifestyles such as walking or cycling to work and weekends; walk more, drive less.
4. Use the stairs more rather than lifts.
5. Join a local sports club formed to encourage friendship, health and wellness with no joining fees.
6. Use a YouTube video for your work out. They are free.
7. Do more housework such as vacuuming, cleaning and gardening if you can.
Decide on what works best for you. Do not live a sedentary life in 2020. Be Physically Active!
Disclaimer! The tips here are only a guide. They do not replace any guideline as agreed with your doctors. Always follow your doctors and healthcare practitioners’ instructions on planned care for your health condition.