1. Be more active. physical activity has been proved to be helpful even with 15-30ninutes brisk walking per day, cycling and swimming.
2. Maintain good sleep. For any prolonged sleep inactivity please see your doctor.
3. Drink water instead of sugar-sweetened beverages and fizzy drinks to minimise being overweight.
4. Eat a healthy balanced diet, low-calorie fat meals in addition to fruits and vegetables.
5. Manage your weight as being overweight is a risk factor in diabetes. Check your Body Mass Index (BMI kg/m2) at your local pharmacy.
6. Consume alcohol minimally.
7. Know your blood pressure numbers. visit your local pharmacy for blood pressure measurement.
7. Speak to your doctors when you begin to have symptoms of diabetes which include; excessive sweating at night, increased thirst, increased frequent urination, sudden weight loss, slow healing of wounds, excessive tiredness.