As we all know “Health is Wealth” and there is no amount of wealth that can buy health but we do know that healthcare expenses can be burdensome to any private or public organisations and also to individuals with varying and costly out of pockets expenses to buy health care.
Why emotional well-being? As adults even with young adults, any distortion in our emotions can interfere with our daily activities and our overall physical well-being.
Your physical health is as important as your mental wellbeing. Most often we care more about our physical health and neglecting our emotional wellbeing which is also our mental wellbeing. When you have pertinent issues affecting your mind, your emotions will take over and this can impair your daily activities. Stress, anxiety, relationship breakdown, bereavement, loss of jobs, financial difficulties and homelessness can all affect our emotional well-being.
Focusing on your happiness as well as your physical well-being will help you achieve an overall wellbeing. To maintain a good emotional well-being, it is therefore important to;
- Have a good balance of life, work and relationships
- Be optimistic and feel good about yourself always
- Accept changes and be able to deal with challenges
- Have a laugh and enjoy life
- Maintain good relationships and stay away from negative influences or bad vibes
- Be contented
Most often we find that life throws many challenges and struggles our way, but the way we react also have impact. It is important that we take serious our emotional wellbeing to avoid the development of other health conditions such as anxiety, stress and depression which are mental health conditions. I would encourage you therefore to make a decision to have a pattern of activities that will help put your emotional well-being back on track.
The following HEALTHY tips have been recommended to help you manage effectively your emotional well-being
- Physical activity will help you relieve stress and manage your weight. 30 minutes walk per day, swimming, cycling can also make you feel good
- Enjoy doing the things you love
- Learn how to deal with your stress, anger and frustrations. seek help if anxiety is lasting more than necessary
- Healthy diet, less alcohol, quitting smoking
- Indulge and pamper yourself. Do whatever that makes you happy in moderation
- Be creative and be willing to learn new skills
- Get enough sleep
A show of gratitude about what you have, and have achieved is also good for your inner happiness. Do not underestimate or take your emotional well-being for granted. Be Happy and enjoy Life.
Please leave questions and feedback in your comments.